Sign in to follow this  
TheWhiteHaze

The Elkoy Chronicles XI

tg3M9Ua.pngtYh8lZq.pngtg3M9Ua.png

Welcome to the 11th edition of the Elkoy Chronicles!

tg3M9Ua.pngZeaygbx.pngtg3M9Ua.png

1fCiwBA.png
12 Days of Christmass
For Christmas this year we will be hosting a 12 Days of Christmas style giveaway! How this will work is that for the 12 days leading up to Christmas (December 14th-25th) we will randomly select a winner each day who will win the specific prize as can be seen below. If you are lucky enough to win we will hold your reward for you until we manage to meet in game so do not worry if you aren't on!

The thread to sign up for the 12 days of christmass has unfortunately, already closed - if you've signed up then make sure to check out the thread here as the winners are edited in there every day.

J5Ximtn.png
Weekend of Events
As you may have noticed, we've decided to host the Weekend of Events bi-weekly now, instead of weekly. This is due to hosting them being a ton of work, and we need a lot of manpower, which we currently lack. 

Due to not hosting anything last week, this week we'll see another Weekend of Events coming to Elkoy. Keep an eye out for the thread containing all information - and sign-up threads when they are due! 

tg3M9Ua.pngct4QDLQ.pngtg3M9Ua.png

For this week's featured video we've selected @Bluegachuee's pk video

tg3M9Ua.pngw2kdOQp.pngtg3M9Ua.png

@Funny Man has resigned from Server Support
@Yunai has been demoted from Server Moderator
@Isleview has been promoted to Server Support
@Asami has resigned from Server Moderator
@Cal has been promoted to Global Moderator

Staff Updates 18/12/2017

tg3M9Ua.pngDK6Dlnq.pngtg3M9Ua.png

Since the last update wasn't mentioned in the previous paper; here goes.

Things have been a bit slower in terms of development of Elkoy, Oak is currently moving house and Zion has not had a working PC for a couple of weeks now, We've pieced together an update though for you girls and boys. Things will return back to normal shortly in terms of weekly updates and new content.

Most importantly; Mage Arena 2 has been added. Speak to Kolodion at the mage bank, to learn what is needed in order to imbue your god capes. The demons do require the god spell or the twisted bow when it is made available.

For a full list of the updates please refer to:
Elkoy Updates 04/12/2017

NB: There have been a couple more QOL updates and fixes that aren't mentioned in this thread, those will be listed in the next thread once it's live.

tg3M9Ua.pngLSA42Vy.pngtg3M9Ua.png

The Player Spotlight is dedicated to players who have been active, helpful and/or just standing out above everyone else. This weeks player spotlight goes to @Attra. He has been helpful in-game and on the forums over the last weeks and this does not go unnoticed. Keep it up!

tg3M9Ua.pngzaIXh8c.pngtg3M9Ua.png

The Discord Spotlight is dedicated to players who have been active, helpful and/or just standing out above everyone else. The player shining in the spotlight this time around is @Claire. They have been extremely active and has been keeping the discord conversations lively!

tg3M9Ua.pngRghZOZ9.pngtg3M9Ua.png

For this edition we've interviewed both @Rooner and @Iron Fr00b.

Your questions have been answered below! Open up the spoiler to see what they've answered.

@Rooner

Spoiler

Real life name (optional): Sam
Nicknames

Are you currently in school, or working?: Final year of high school, working some evenings at a grocery store.

What do you enjoy doing in your free time besides spending time on Elkoy?: Going out with friends on the weekends, working out and playing my Les Paul.

What has your Elkoy experience been like?: It's honestly been quite great. The community as a whole and especially the staff team has been very welcoming and supportive.

What is your favorite thing about Elkoy?: The amount of content there is compared to any other rsps. Elkoy's truly on another level in that aspect.

If you could add anything you wanted to Elkoy, what would it be? Remove?: If I could add anything to Elkoy immediately, it would be raids. I feel like that will add loads more exciting content to uncover! As for anything that's not in the plans for now... I don't know.

One thing I'd love to see removed from the game is Pack Yak in the wilderness. It makes deep wildy pking completely dead and boring.

@Accent
- how did get your username, any background story to it?:
No real exciting story to it, used to go by "Runa" which is just gibberish. Since that's taken pretty much everywhere, I just ended up at Rooner.

- what keeps you guys going as staff?:
The staff team. What a bunch of great people.

- what advice can you give for anyone going for staff or interested?:
If you're interested in becoming staff, be active in support cc and make yourself noticed without getting in the way or being obnoxious. Staff are also expected to be nice and friendly ingame and having a clean sheet in terms of previous infractions is required.

@Insomnia1995
- You're past your starting period as mod now, do you feel more comfortable now than in the beginning or did it feel familiar from the start?:
Oh, I was lost in the beginning. I sometimes still feel like I kind of am... However, the staff team has been absolutely great in teaching me the ways of a moderator and I can always rely on them to give me advice if need be.

- You have to take 1 person from the staff team with you to an abandoned island, who do you pick? WHY?:
Easy, Mario. He's the survivor type.

@Jacob
- Who is your favourite player in the game?:
I don't pick favorites.
- Do you play any major sports?:
Not currently. Used to play ice hockey in a team but now I only play it with friends during the winter.

@Yogi
- How are you adapting to the moderator position & Did you have trouble starting out?:
I feel like I'm adapting quite well, past experiences in moderating a different game have probably helped a bunch. Starting out I had never moderated an rsps before so learning the tricks of this particular game was a little troublesome.

- Would you like to see yourself progress through the ranks?:
Yes, I would. I don't think I'm quite ready for it, though.

@Hint
-How did you feel when you become mod from SS , was it worth it or not? was it deserved?:
It was well worth it. Feels good to deal that sweet justice to people who deserve it, keeping the game clean. Becoming a moderator was somewhat of a surprise to me, wasn't expecting and I wasn't exactly expecting it. I trust the staff team to make correct decisions about promotions and demotions so I like to think that it was deserved even if I'm not 100% on it.

-Being honest , what is really the most thing you like on Elkoy ? is it staking / pking / pvming / skilling or something different ? the community , the staff and such as?:
My absolute favorite thing on Elkoy is the community of friends I've been able to be a part of. Ingame my favorite thing to do at the moment is probably pking.

@Iron Fr00b
- How is Elkoy after reaching 12.5b xp?:
Makes it feel somehow empty because there's no afk skills to do while answering pms and helping out in support cc. Kind of feels good to have all the master capes, though.

- What's it like living in Finland?:
I don't have any other country to compare Finland with since I haven't lived anywhere else but from what I've heard of other countries living standards etc. I'm very happy to have been born in Finland.

- Favourite food?:
Good chicken wings.

@Iron Fr00b

Spoiler

Real life name (optional): Ruben
Nicknames: Fr00b, Fr00ben, Fr00bcake, Iron N00b (bad nickname), Rupert
Are you currently in school, or working?: Studying, currently in the last year of my bachelors. Starting my masters next year.

What do you enjoy doing in your free time besides spending time on Elkoy?: Love running, cycling, music, reading, watching series and spending time with my girlfriend.

What has your Elkoy experience been like?: It has been great, enjoy the community a lot, the ironman game mode has also been fun and I enjoy going for 500m in all skills.

What is your favorite thing about Elkoy?: The community.

If you could add anything you wanted to Elkoy, what would it be? Remove?:Add: more ironman related fixes/ updates (such as us being able to make anti venoms). Remove: gambling/ staking. I know it isn’t possible and wont happen, and it’s probably not even a good idea fort he economy of Elkoy. Even though I haven’t given that a good think over yet. But I don’t like the fact that you have to gamble (or stake, which is also gambling IMO) to get rich in the game. Much prefer grinding and merching to be the best moneymakers.

@X Dark Z
-What's it like being head SS?
It’s great. I’d like to thank each and every one that has made this possible. Feels great to be trusted with such a big responsibility. 

-Do you think your position will ever be taken over? 
When I have left the position and someone up for the task arises, why not? There has been a great history of head server supports, including our dear Mamba.

@Accent
- how did get your username, any background story to it?:
Back when I first joined RuneScape I called my account “Ruben Jari” my father thought this would be a good name. I then made a new account called “Ruben Jari2” because I thought a name with a number was cool. Mind you, I was very young at that time. Around 9 or 10 if I remember correctly. Few years have passed since then, when I made “Fr00b XXL”. Fr00b means friendly noob/ free to play noob. Thought it was a funny name because I was planning to make it a great account. I’ve since then chosen to re-use that name for private servers I have played because it has a nostalgic feel, just like the private server. As this account is ironman, I chose to name it Iron Fr00b.

- what keeps you guys going as staff:
I like chatting with the staff team, so that helps me keep motivated. Other than that, I actually like helping people and I like playing the game in general. All of this makes being a staff member quite enjoyable for me!

- What advice can you give for anyone going for staff or interested:
Be yourself, don’t act different from who you actually are because it would just make your time being a staff (if you end up getting it) less enjoyable. Also, don’t burn out going 110% on trying to get staff rank. If you end up not getting the rank it would make for a bigger disappointment, and if you do get it, you’ll just burn out and stop enjoying the game and the staffrole.

@Insomnia1995
- From getting your app declined to ss, how do you describe your experience in the staff team so far?
Very positive, not gonna lie, getting my app declined felt awful. But decided to just keep going and see if I could still become ss someday. Which I happily “achieved”. 

- Favourite F-mod?
Hard to choose, the F-mods are great! If I really had to choose for just one, I guess It would have to be Lolfish. Lolfish has been great to be around and has helped me a lot.

@Jacob
- Who is your favourite player in the game?
Hard to choose. It always used to be Iron Bowl. But probably @Sasukes nowdays. 

- Do you play any major sports?
I have been an athlete for quite a few years, running long distance at a high level, as a junior. Sadly, got injured and haven’t been able to run for over 3 years. Which made me get into road cycling. Got 2 road bikes and 1 mountain bike now. Really enjoying it and have already tackled my first big mountains (including the famous Mont Ventoux). Planning to cycle up more famous cols next summer!

- What's the one biggest tip you could give on accomplishing a completionist account on an Iron man?  
Patience. Trying to get completionist an ironman means you’ll have to complete a lot of RNG tasks such as the sigils, the wyvern visage but also the repairable Nex item. It will take a lot of time, you’ll be sniped from a lot of drops you need and it will be annoying. So, don’t rush it, be patient and just enjoy the game. If you grind it too hard you’ll probably burn out and not even play much after actually getting the cape.

@Yogi
- Are you enjoying your position as SS?
Actually am, the cc can be a little aids at some times but I’ve enjoyed being part of the staff team and have also enjoyed the cc as I do like helping people out. 

- If you could change one thing about the server, what would it be and why?
Don’t have any huge ideas, as if I had them, I would have posted a suggestion thread about them by now. But I would like to see the Ironman mode get more attention, which would probably also make the ironman community itself grow. Because as of now, the ironman player base isn’t big enough to be given priority really.

@Hint
- How do you feel being the head SS ? is it good ? is it bad ? Do you think you deserve it if yes why if not then why.
As I’ve said above, it’s great. If any current server support deserves it, it would be @Insomnia1995 or me. So I guess I deserve it. 
- How do you plan your Elkoy time comparing to your irl business and personal stuff?
I prioritise IRL over Elkoy. This does mean on some days I play pretty much all day, but at other days I don’t play at all, or just 1-2 hours. Still do play well over 40 hours a week average. But only because my irl situation allows it. I’m a student currently so I have quite a lot of spare time. 

tg3M9Ua.pngDqSwKQK.pngtg3M9Ua.png

In-depth Inferno Guide by @TheWhiteHaze

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor TzKal-Zuk

After many requests it is finally here!

Welcome to the in-depth Inferno guide.

In this guide I will both tackle the best ways to get the Infernal Max Cape (All waves, 1-69), and the regular Infernal Cape.
Due to this guide being rather big, I've seperated it in several sections.

Click the spoiler to open up the guide.

Spoiler

I. IMPORTANT NOTICE
II. General Information
III. The Inferno Lay-out
IV. Gear Setups
V. The Inferno NPC's
VI. Tactics Boss Fight (wave 69)
VII. Tactics Waves 1-68
VIII. Rewards

I. IMPORTANT NOTICE

BEFORE EVEN ATTEMPTING EITHER ONE OF THE CAPES, MAKE SURE TO DISABLE HD FOG IN YOUR SETTINGS TAB
Kto4YI-eTeetWmxuc47wtA.png
IF YOU HAVE NOT DISABLED THIS, THEN YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE JAD'S ATTACKS ON THE (FINAL)BOSS WAVE.

II. General Information

You can get to the Inferno Minigame via Minigame Teleports -> Inferno (shift+t > M > I).
If you've never accessed the area of Mor Ul Rek before then you will be teleported next to the this door:
U5BysUKPTuG2orXaQWoTnQ.png
To be able to pass through it, you will have to show the NPC that's guarding it a regular fire cape. Once you've shown your fire cape your teleport will now automatically redirect you to the middle of the city to access the Inferno.

Once through, you will find the Inferno Minigame in the middle of the area.
tIDfRvAmRDaWOC3unS5TDA.png

To be able to enter the Inferno, you must first sacrifice a TokHaar-Kal cape. You will only have to sacrifice this cape once for unlimited access to the Inferno.
To sacrifice the cape you will have to select the "Can I go down here" option whilst talking to the NPC and follow the dialogue.
dZmWNGOeR3uW-qlp82VpXw.png

Once you've done all this, you can select which mode of the Inferno you'd like to try it by clicking Jump-in Inferno at the end of the ledge.
IIOql3UZRuqYrSZjR8ddkg.png

III. The Inferno Lay-out

The Inferno is a rather simple, square room. The entire fight/waves take place in this arena.
i-CAYcVvS-iTzcKw1FbKbQ.png

Inside you will find 3 pillars. These were originally designed to be able to hide behind, but frankly this isn't needed. To the North you may notice the square of lava, this is where the boss resides in.

Due to the pillars not blocking damage from enemy's, it is best to use the NPC pathing to your advantage. The basic rule of thumb is, what cannot see me, cannot hurt me. This will further be discussed in the tactic section.

IV. Gear Setups

Boss only:

There are many ways you can gear up to tackle the Inferno.
For the boss fight only, you can just bring one attack style (Ranged). 
Your gear and inventory should look something like this:

2x_OuaZPTEeNJJfMNw0k1w.png

This is just an example, once you get the hang of the boss you could kill it in black dragonhides if you desire. A safer option is to use Pernix
Head: Trickster helm > Serpentine Helm > Pernix Cowl > Morrigan's Coif
Cape: Completionist Cape > Ranged Master Cape* > Max Cape > Ava's Accumilator
Necklace: Necklace of Anguish > Saradomin's Hiss > Amulet of Fury
Bolts: Dragon Bolts (e)**
Weapon: Royal Crossbow > Armadyl Crossbow > Chaotic Crossbow > Runite Crossbow
Body: Trickster Robe > Pernix Body > Morrigan's Leather Body
Shield: Divine Spirit Shield
Legs: Trickster Robe Bottoms > Pernix Chaps > Morrigan's Leather Chaps
Gloves: Trickster Gloves > Mercenary Gloves > Barrow's Gloves
Ring: Ring of Suffering (R) > Eye of the Ranger > Archer's Ring (I) > Archer's Ring

*Ranged Master Cape can be subbed for: Prayer Master and/or Agility Master Cape.
**Dragon Bolts (e) can also be substituted for Ruby Bolts (e) for the first half of the kill, afterwards switch to Dragon bolts (e) again.
Only use Trickster equipment if you have the full set, otherwise choose for the second in row. Trickster can also be subbed out for Vanguard.

Full Inferno:
The gear setup for the full package is a bit trickier. For this too counts, the more experienced you are the more you can play with your gear.
The safest way to go is by using Nex gear, using Blood Barrage to keep ones health up. This makes dying during the waves almost impossible.
The fastest way to progress through the waves however is by bringing Trickster. You do have to pay attention in the later waves though so you don't get combo'd out.
An example for Nex setup:
mwyTEiDKSZ6rLfsm4xlyFA.png
Optional to bring: Ruby Bolts (e), Vecna's Skull, Agility Master Cape, Prayer Master Cape, Ranged Master Cape. Blowpipe is also optional, this is also just used to speed up the waves.

An example for Trickster setup:
4DdKl_qjTe68LH-S0maoRg.png
Optional to bring: Ruby Bolts (e), Vecna's Skull, Agility Master Cape, Prayer Master Cape, Ranged Master Cape. Blowpipe is also optional, this is also just used to speed up the waves. You may also choose to bring a Toxic Staff of the Dead to increase your accuracy, but this isn't really needed.
The Pernix and Serpentine helmet switch are also optional here, personally I only use this in the last few waves in case I make a mistake.

Your Rune Pouch should be containing runes for Blood Barrage (Death, Blood and Soul Runes).

V. The Inferno NPC's

The Inferno has NPC's similar to the regular Fight Caves challenge as you may have once done on the real game. They do however have some different abilities.

Ceqv6b-VTvOsoZUEjdHbKg.png
Jal-Nib (Aka: Nibbler): Deals no damage to you, only deals damage to the pillars. Due to those not working it's best to ignore them and use them to heal after each wave with Blood Barrage.
1lYCTcToRRubun5ZDVfKUg.png
Jal-MejRah (Aka: Bat): Deals Ranged damage. When it's hitting you it will also drain your stamina. Max hit: 19
uwmAb6n6SMmI3jvyFAfVxQ.png
Jal-Ak (Aka: Blob): Deals Magic and Ranged damage, can also Melee you when in Melee range. it uses the opposite style of what you're praying. After defeating it it'll spawn three small blobs, these deal no damage and are ideal for healing on with Blood Barrage. Max hit: 29
9_nWzxZ0QOCqg0B8V2HRVg.png                         bt8RsgKaRT_JXWQZAWqBpA.png
Jal-ImKot (Aka: Melee): Deals high melee damage. Also teleports around the arena if it can't hit you. Max hit: 49
SlekU8jBThKD6od4gi4bxQ.png
Jal-Xil (Aka: Ranger): Deals Ranged damage from a distance, Melee when in Melee range. Max hit: 46
NgNXiT3QQ_mmQpkaTI21_Q.png
Jal-Zek (Aka: Mage): Deals Magic damage form a distance, Melee when in Melee range. Mage will also revive other NPC's (except Nibblers) if you kill them before you kill it. They'll revive with 50% of their normal health. Max hit: 70
18HEGEqnRkuu8FFYmq4CLg.png
JalTok-Jad (Aka: Jad): Deals Ranged or Magic damage from a distance, can use Melee when in Melee range. After killing a Jad half-way it'll spawn healers which will heal it unless they're being aggro'd. Max hit: 113
DsDaIuPPRNaddy2GixT_1A.png
Yt-HurKot (Aka: Healer): One of Jad's healers. Will heal the Jad until aggro'd. Max hit: 19
7xXR_tQ6TuG_PlrXIg1jLg.png
TzKal-Zuk (Aka: Final Boss): The final boss of the Inferno. Hits using magic (protection prayers are useless). Max hit: 251
VGpZ6M4cTVOgjYC4ovaM4Q.png
Jal-MejJak (Aka: Boss Healer): Does the same as Jad's Healers, but less rapid. Will attack with range when aggro'd. Max hit: 10

VI. Tactics Boss Fight (wave 69)

When doing the Inferno it's best to be on the NORMAL prayer book, because deflects make you stall your movement which may confuse you and makes you miss the shield. Rigour also is a big bonus and there is no need for SoulSplit on the full Inferno challenge either.
Before trying the full Inferno challenge, I strongly recommend practising the Boss Fight over and over, until you're positive you can do it after an exhausting 68 waves. The boss is killable without the use of food/brews, if you can pull it off with just one, you should be prepared enough.

Once you enter the boss battle, the boss will spawn in the most northern 'lava square'. Upon it spawning, either West or East of you a big shield will appear. This shield moves at a certain tempo all the way from left to right. 

4MQ45jGWRhebAeC0-Bst7A.png

You must stay behind this shield AT ALL TIMES. Failure to being behind the shield will cause the boss to be able to hit you, which is almost a certain death.

The tactic is to hit the boss and to stay behind the shield simultaniouly. An example of how this can be done:

J86uK54.gif

You may notice that you cannot normally attack the boss from the far East or West. However you will be able to hit it if you are three squares away from the border, whilst using Long-range. The exact tiles are shown on these pictures:
Western long-range spot:
Rn6qAFJ5SZ_fdYJ8GCDexw.png
Eastern long-range spot:
u-D2Cz3QTBq7F2DF2IAKig.png

After going the full length from East to West (or the other way around) and vice versa, a Ranger and Mage will spawn. These will not attack you, but the shield rather. Therefore it is key to aggro them as soon as you can, whilst making sure you're staying safe for the boss' attacks. Protect from Magic and take out the Ranger first, then take out the Mage. It won't revive the ranger as it would in the regular waves.

At around 480 health a Jad will spawn. Those that are more experienced with the boss fight can ignore it and only have to aggro it once, but I recommend to try and kill it for first-timers. Jad is the part where most of the people fail their attempt, as you have to both look for what attack jad will be using, as well as follow around the shield. This Jad will also spawn healers, the best way is to attack those with Long-range so you don't path away too far from the shield, whilst you're in the middle of the arena.

Tg4Bksl.gif

At around 240 health, the Boss Healers will spawn. These are rather easy to take down, just make sure you don't overstep your boundaries. 

If the fight goes on for a while, it is possible for another Ranger and Mage to spawn. This will most likely be at the ending of your attempt. Just aggro'ing and tanking the Ranger should get you through, kill just the Ranger if you want to be certain.

It'll definitely take you a couple of attempts, as you simply need to learn how the mechanics work. Don't give up and keep trying. Once you've gotten it you'll be thinking that it isn't even that hard.

VII. Tactics Waves 1-68

When doing the Inferno it's best to be on the NORMAL prayer book, because deflects make you stall your movement which may confuse you and makes you miss the shield. Rigour also is a big bonus and there is no need for SoulSplit on the full Inferno challenge either.
Before trying the full Inferno challenge, I strongly recommend practising the Boss Fight over and over, until you're positive you can do it after an exhausting 68 waves. The boss is killable without the use of food/brews, if you can pull it off with just one, you should be prepared enough.

Wave Breakdown
Each wave displays which monster will spawn. There are 69 waves in total. From waves 1 to 66 are three pillars which the Jal-Nibs attempt to destroy. Any remaining pillars by the end of wave 66 are automatically destroyed by the start of wave 67. Since the pillars are pretty useless, it's safest to leave the Nibblers for last.

Wave 1-3 Kill Bats first
 Wave 1.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat
 Wave 2.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat
 Wave 3.) 6x Nibbler

Wave 4-8 Kill Blobs first, then Bats
 Jal-Ak (Blob) will start to appear in the next round.
 Wave 4.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Blob
 Wave 5.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Blob
 Wave 6.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Blob
 Wave 7.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Blob
 Wave 8.) 5x Nibbler

Wave 9-17 Kill Melee first, use protect from Melee! Then Blob, then Bats
 Jal-ImKot (Melee) will start to appear in the next round.

Wave 9.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Melee
 Wave 10.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Melee
 Wave 11.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Melee
 Wave 12.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Blob, 1x Melee
 Wave 13.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Blob, 1x Melee
 Wave 14.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Blob, 1x Melee
 Wave 15.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Blob, 1x Melee
 Wave 16.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Melee
 Wave 17.) 5x Nibbler

Wave 18-24 Kill Ranger first, use protect from Range! Then Blob, then Bats
 Jal-Xil (Ranger) will start to appear in the next round.

Wave 18.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Ranger
 Wave 19.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Ranger
 Wave 20.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Ranger
 Wave 21.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Blob, 1x Ranger
 Wave 22.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Blob, 1x Ranger
 Wave 23.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Blob, 1x Ranger
 Wave 24.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Blob, 1x Ranger

Wave 25-34 Kill Melee first, then ranger. Try and lure Melee away from Ranger so you can pray accordingly. Then Blob, then Bats
 Jal-ImKot (Melee) will rejoin in the next round.

Wave 25.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Melee, 1x Ranger
 Wave 26.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Melee, 1x Ranger
 Wave 27.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Melee, 1x Ranger
 Wave 28.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Blob, 1x Melee, 1x Ranger
 Wave 29.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Blob, 1x Melee, 1x Ranger
 Wave 30.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Blob, 1x Melee, 1x Ranger
 Wave 31.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Blob, 1x Melee, 1x Ranger
 Wave 32.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Melee, 1x Ranger
 Wave 33.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Ranger
 Wave 34.) 5x Nibbler

Wave 35-41 Kill Mage first, always try and kill it before the others so it doesn't revive them. Then Blobs, then Bats
 Jal-Zek (Mage) will start to appear in the next round.

Wave 35.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Mage
 Wave 36.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Mage
 Wave 37.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Mage
 Wave 38.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Blob, 1x Mage
 Wave 39.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Blob, 1x Mage
 Wave 40.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Blob, 1x Mage
 Wave 41.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Blob, 1x Mage

Wave 42-49 Preferably kill Mage first if you know how to stutterstep Melee, otherwise Melee first, then Blobs, then Bats
 Wave 42.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Melee, 1x Mage
 Wave 43.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Melee, 1x Mage
 Wave 44.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Melee, 1x Mage
 Wave 45.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Blob, 1x Melee, 1x Mage
 Wave 46.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Blob, 1x Melee, 1x Mage
 Wave 47.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Blob, 1x Melee, 1x Mage
 Wave 48.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Blob, 1x Melee, 1x Mage
 Wave 49.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Melee, 1x Mage

Wave 50-57 Preferably kill Mage first, make sure Ranger doesn't hit you. If you cannot avoid taking damage from Ranger, kill that first. Then Blobs, then Bats
 Wave 50.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage
 Wave 51.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage
 Wave 52.) 3 xNibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage
 Wave 53.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Blob, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage
 Wave 54.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Blob, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage
 Wave 55.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Blob, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage
 Wave 56.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Blob, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage
 Wave 57.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Melee, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage

From this wave forward, always equip Divine at the start of the wave. You can get a bad spawn where you're cornered. First run out of the   danger zone, then draw your plan.
 Wave 58-64 Preferably kill Mage first, most likely you'll end up killing Melee twice (revive) due to the wave being full of NPC's.  If you cannot avoid taking damage   from Ranger, kill that before Mage. Then Blobs, then Bats.

Wave 58.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Melee, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage
 Wave 59.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Melee, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage
 Wave 60.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Blob, 1x Melee, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage
 Wave 61.) 3x Nibbler, 1x Bat, 1x Blob, 1x Melee, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage
 Wave 62.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Bat, 1x Blob, 1x Melee, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage
 Wave 63.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Blob, 1x Melee, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage
 Wave 64.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Melee, 1x Ranger, 1x Mage

Wave 65 Kill Mage first. Make sure Rangers can't hit you. If you cannot avoid taking damage from Rangers, kill them first.
 Wave 65.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Ranger, 1x Mage

Wave 66 Kill one of the Mages first, wait for it to be revived, then kill the revived Mage again.
 Wave 66.) 3x Nibbler, 2x Mage
 Any remaining pillars collapse at the end of the wave.

Wave 67 Just as Jad in the Fire Caves. Aggro the healers when the spawn, use Long-range to be safe. Keep an eye on your health as there's 5 of them and can   deal quite some damage.
 Wave 67.) 1x Jad 5x lv141 healers spawn when JalTok-Jad is at half health

Wave 68 Kill 1 Jad at the time. Switch prayers whenever a Jad performs their attack animation. That way you're always in time to negate the damage. Once one   of the three is down the wave becomes a lot easier. Prepare yourself for boss fight (pot up and what not) before finishing the final Jad. The boss will instanty   spawn so once again, be ready!
 Wave 68.) 3x Jad 3x lv141 healers spawn when each JalTok-Jad is at half health
 Last wave before TzKal-Zuk.

Wave 69 Refer to VI. Tactics Boss Fight (wave 69)
 Wave 69.) 1x TzKal-Zuk
 Small waves of 1x Rangers & 1x Mages spawn periodically throughout the round.
 1x Jad (with 3x healers) spawns when TzKal-Zuk is at 480 HP.
 4x Jal-MejJaks (Zuk's healers) appear when TzKal-Zuk is at 240 HP.

Tips and tricks

Corners
Inferno seems like an impossible challenge if you consider that pillars don't work. Luckily the pathing of the NPC's is so that they don't walk all the way up to you.
Therefore, especially in the later waves, it is best to hide in the corners to either lure the Melee(s) and see if you can walk around to take out the Mage first for example. In these corners you can analyze the spawns and plan the way of how to deal with the wave you're facing at that time.

ucxziN1UQjesNZ5A7vE9HQ.png

The only NPC's that will come up to you no matter where you're standing are the Melee's, so always expect them to sneak up on you.

Tripple Jads
the most feared wave is definitely the tripple Jad wave. Having their max hit at 113, a small error can already knock you right off the stage. The wave however is really simple if you know what you're doing; simply pray the corresponding prayer as soon as the Jad does the animation for its attack. 

Like so:
z8D6tCN.gif

Nibblers and mini-blobs. 
Always save the Nibblers and mini-blobs (the 3 little guy that spawn after killing a Blob) for last. You can easily heal up on them with Blood Barrage, allowing you to start almost every wave at full health.

VIII. Rewards

The rewards are of course the main reason you'd even take on this challenge. 

Completing the boss wave only will award you the Infernal Cape:
SRKmWPSZRLOGJEXDUam7dg.png

Completing the entire 69 waves however, will award you the prestigious, best in slot Melee cape; the Infernal Max Cape (and Hood). The Hood has no stats and is purely cosmetic. Cape's stats below:

5A6kpUJrReSue_EzJ72FNQ.png

Those who are feeling lucky, also have a chance at landing the, thusfar, rarest pet in the game, the Jal-Nib-Rek

2JPdc8TAQBG5W3mrwWpx6w.png

The Jal-Nib-Rek has a droprate of 1/50 when doing the boss wave only and 1/5 when doing the full Inferno.

This concludes the Inferno guide. I'm sure there's things I've missed - or perhaps you have any tips and/or trick you'd like to see added. Please do let me know in the comments down below!
Best of luck obtaining the capes!

tg3M9Ua.pngvUWL8wL.pngtg3M9Ua.png

Ho ho ho ho...,
Elkoy will soon be covered in snow,
T'is the season,
Get ready to cash your green key in.

JEJBeD4zQpm3MTS8PeXEEA.png

Leave a comment below on what you think is the answer and if you're correct you will be rewarded! Remember there's only 1 winner.

This concludes the eleventh edition of the Elkoy Chronicles! Please leave any feedback you may have as it will only help us improve. We strive to do nothing, but improve the Elkoy Chronicles and we will keep modifying it here and there based on your suggestions and input.

More information on who is apart of the team or how to join can be found here: Elkoy Newspaper Info

Elkoy Newspaper Team

Edited by TheWhiteHaze
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Awesome!  First RsPS i've seen with a newspaper! ~ Super rad.. Congrats to the above promotions as mentioned, keep it up @Attra and Goodluck to all in the giveaways/events! ~ Moka

• Haha 1